The journey involves travelling to an altitude of 13,000 feet. To make the most of Himalayan sacred walks, we strongly recommend that you start an exercise regime at least a month prior to the trip which includes:
- Daily brisk walking or jogging for 5 km.
- Isha meditators are advised to do their daily practices.
- Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages and taking recreational drugs are strictly prohibited for the entire duration of the sojourn.
As we will be traveling by bus, it is advisable to pack as light as possible. A 25-30L backpack with a waterproof cover is required for the trek and to carry daily essentials during the bus travel.
- Waterproof Rain Gear(not water-resistant)
- Trekking shoes with good tread/grip (available at Decathlon stores in all major cities in India)
- Jacket with hood
- Gloves – 1 pair
- Warm Clothing
- Fleece Jacket / Sweater
- Warm shawl
- Thermal inner wear – 2 pairs
- Woolen cap and scarf
- Woolen socks – 3 pairs
- Other Clothing
- Personal clothing – 6 sets
(Please avoid saris/dhotis)
- General footwear
- Sunscreen lotion (50 SPF or more
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Small flask (for hot beverages)
- 1 liter water bottle
- Inflatable pillow
- Towel (quick dry towels only)
- Toilet tissues
- Wet wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Face masks
- Powerful flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Few large ziplock bags (to protect clothes from moisture)
- It is important to carry a personal medical kit with electrolyte packs, painkillers, muscle relaxant cream, band-aids, knee-cap, medicines for fever, common cold, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, and any other medication necessary.
All cell phones work fairly well in the Himalayan region.
Temperature and Weather Conditions
Weather conditions from May to September can be expected to be dry and sunny, with precipitation in July and August. Daytime temperatures can be as high as 20 to 25 degrees centigrade. Night-time temperatures can drop as low as 0 to -5° Celsius.
Isha offers this program not as a tour, but as a possibility for deep spiritual transformation. Imbibing the overwhelming power, energy and grace of the Himalayas opens one up to higher dimensions of life, more so when the guidance of a realized master illuminates every step.