Where can I buy warm clothing and shoes? Any recommendations?

  • Indians can buy warm clothing and water proof trekking shoes at Decathlon stores in most major cities.

In case of emergencies, what are the steps that will be taken?

  • A qualified and well-equipped doctor especially trained to handle high-altitude sickness and other conditions that may arise, will accompany the group throughout the program.
  • If an evacuation becomes necessary, you will be taken either to a lower altitude or the nearest medical facility.

Do I need to carry the medicines which I have been taking and prescribed by my doctor?

Yes, you are advised to take sufficient stock of medicines to last the entire duration of the trip.

How can I qualify medically?

By undergoing all the medical tests mentioned in the medical form and consulting your physician about your fitness to travel to a high altitude of 18,000 feet and above.

I have been to high altitudes last year and my stay was uneventful. Do I need a medical exam?

Yes, it is necessary to undergo a medical examination every time before going to a high altitude region.

Do we need to undergo medical tests? Why is it necessary?

Yes, a medical assessment is mandatory. You are required to travel through high altitude region. In such places, the atmospheric air is under low pressure and people may suffer from hypoxia (less oxygen). In the rarefied atmospheric conditions, a person may develop ailments like pulmonary edema/cerebral edema and acute mountain sickness. Participants must therefore be screened thoroughly before they are taken to high altitudes.

What is the accommodation provided and can I book a single room?

  • As a policy, everyone must share their room as symptoms of high altitude can arise unexpectedly. Therefore, it is a safety measure to have another person in the room in case you require help.

How can I stay in contact with my family during the travel?

  • It is recommended that you stay focussed on the pilgrimage and keep contact with the outside to the minimum in order to make the best use of these sacred spaces.

Will there be any major expenditure that I am likely to Incur?

We recommend you plan for costs towards:

  • Gratuity for drivers, cooks and porters
  • Any other personal expenses
  • Expenses in case of evacuation due to medical emergencies, natural calamities such as earthquake, landslide, floods or change of government rules etc towards travel, boarding, lodging and medical costs.

What is the process for getting a visa to Kailash for non-Indian passport holders

  • Once you arrive in Kathmandu,  an Isha volunteer will collect your passports and make necessary arrangements

How do I get my visa for Nepal?

  • A passport is needed with a minimum validity of 180 days from the last date of the Kailash sojourn
  • Indian nationals do not require a visa for Nepal
  • Non-Indian nationals require a 30-day multiple entry visa which can be availed on arrival at Kathmandu airport, Nepal

Is there an age limit?

  • Participants must be between 18 and 65 years of age.
  • Participants below the age of 18 must either be accompanied by a parent/guardian or submit a letter of parental consent.
  • Those above the age of 65 years may be required to undergo additional medical tests to determine their physical fitness.

What is the eligibility criteria / prerequisite to be a part of the Kailash Manasarovar sojourn?

  • You must be medically fit
  • The Inner Engineering Program with Shambhavi Mahamudra and / or Shoonya Initiation is a prerequisite for participating in Isha Sacred Walks Sojourns. These simple but powerful energy processes for inner transformation will greatly enhance your experience of the vibrant places that you will be visiting and will also prepare you both mentally and physically for the sojourn.

Please check for these common mistakes made during the registration process

  • Incomplete and incorrect information
  • Uploading unclear photo / passport copy
  • Uploading black and white photo / passport copy
  • Missing signatures where required

What are the documents required for this sojourn?

  • Medical Form
  • Letter of indemnity
  • Passport-size photo
  • Copy of your passport

What is the registration procedure?

  • Fill out the online Registration form
  • You will receive an email with details to proceed further